C5 going crazy!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug106Dave
My Cars:

C5 going crazy!

Post by Pug106Dave »

Car is a 51 plate 2.0HDI estate, bought about a month ago. After a week or so it starts going crazy....
Sometimes the immobiliser refuses to work and you cant start it. Sometimes the central locking won't lock, or locks when you're inside the car. The courtesy lights (which usually come on when you unlock the car) don't come on. Then one night last week the battery was completely drained down to nothing when coming to start it the next day. After re-charging the battery everything has worked (fingers crossed). The car was taken back by dealers to main citroen dealer who plugged it in, but could find no fault codes or anything. So only suggested a new battery.
Anybody here had similar problems?
Also is there anyway of determining whether its a 90 or a 110? was sold as a 90, but nowhere lists a 90 being available in the estate?
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I *think* the difference between a 90 and a 110 is an intercooler. The 90 definitly doesn't have one, but I believe the 110 does.
As for the problems, it does sound like an ecu is getting very confused somewhere. Possibly due to low voltages from a duff battery? Might be worth seeing if you can borrow a known good one from someone and see if this fixes the problems. Otherwise, Lucas direct are the best places for batteries. One that is plenty big enough for your car would be no more than £35 (although possibly not the exact recommended model. If it fits physically, and it has sufficient cranking amps, then it'll be fine)
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

Th difference of 90 to 110 versions is the intercooler as said by Fastandfurious. I believe that many components of the engine are also different, such as the turbo, valves, etc.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

An old edition of Top Gear mag I have here lists the 90 in the estate but only with LX trim.