VANNY!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

VANNY!

Post by Dave Bamber »

Guess which smug BX owner got those 16V alloys on EBay[?][?][?]
Here's a clue...........
Can we talk wheel bolts[:D][:I]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Scary!
I've emailed you with contact details, if your up for collecting the wheels and bolts tomrrow then its pretty much enroute!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Bleeding hell Dave thought they were too expensive for you? - even bid on 'em meself but thought sod it when they got to £40 - Havent got a BX (yet) and I seem to be accumilating odd wheels anyway, and running out of shed space.
BTW - anyone want an odd Activa alloy?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Marty,
You bid on the wheels and you don't own a BX? I thought I was getting bad, but.....
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

Marty,
You bid on the wheels and you don't own a BX? I thought I was getting bad, but.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This reminds me of a race car driver I knew a few years ago who lost his drive and couldn't raise a sponsor, (mainly due to him dropping the "magic" word on a live TV coverage during a race)[:0]so went to Bathurst when the big race was on and sat near the pits in a car racing seat with 4 wheels sitting on the ground and a steering wheel in his hand and a sign that said "I have everything but the car - Interested?" in other words, he was waiting for someone to put the car around him; he had the rest; and no, it wasn't me!![;)]
Alan S
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Well - keen as mustard to replace the AX (read desparate) and rather fancy a BX.... So a set of cheap wheels even without a car isnt to be missed....
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

That is one helluva stare you've got on you there Dave B, dont fancy meeting you down a dark alleyway, it could be Texas chainsaw masacre time! [:D]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Marty. Yeah I know I had a maximum price I wanted to pay but with 5 minutes to go, the price wasn't silly so I stuck a bid on, missed, stuck another on and scored the blighters! Glad I did too as I picked them up today and they are in good condition, I just need 3 centre caps and a bit of elbow grease. [:D]
drpau. MMMHAHAHAHAHAHAH[}:)][}:)]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Did you not get my mail Dave?
I had suggested you stop in on your way and pick up the bolts, never mind! I'll count you out a set tomorrow and get in touch!
As for a masacre, i reckon you just need to roll a sphere past him and watch dave scurry around after it!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I think something's gone haywire with his e-mail Vanny. I've sent him a couple in the past couple of days without response. Maybe if there's "BX" in the message, Mrs B may have set his spam filter to delete it.[}:)][}:)]
Out of curiosity, I don't need them but I know a couple that do. How easy/hard are the centres for the mags to get? It seems there's always someone looking for them.
Alan S[;)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Alan. Yes I have had an email problem in the last few days, but I've fixed it now.
I'm going to give my local Cit dealer a call next week to see if they can get me the centres, I'll let you know the outcome.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Mr Hopkirk
Are you trying to tell us something here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW
e.g. Jon this BX is in Wiltshire (where Jon lives; and would you mind popping round and actually looking at it before I bid on it!) Or something.[8]
I've been having trouble getting BX 16v Graphite centre caps, Citroen still list them @ about £4.50 each but when I ordered one it came up "no longer available" [xx(]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

£4.50! Ouch. [V] I think I'll be making something fit "Blue Peter" style[:o)]
Just as well I don't have a towbar, I could have found a white BX following me home.....[:0]
Jon

Post by Jon »

As it happens Dave, I do have a towbar for you, you just need to unbolt the thing.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Good man[:D]
You got mail!