Berlingo heater blower on full constanly

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

2mpv

Berlingo heater blower on full constanly

Post by 2mpv »

Hi,i've posted this on honestjohn.co.uk,but i could with some more ideas please;51 berlingo 1.9d with a/c.Heater blower on constantly when engine running;pulling the fuse,it stops;pulling the relay,it stops;disconnecting the fascia dial/switch unit,it still runs!Have tried a used blower which still ran at max,have tried aused relay,no luck,have tried new switch unit,no luck.Have followed wires from blower which run behind switch unit coming out near clutch pedal.If there is some resistor somewwhere,where is it?PLEASE HELP-hope i do not have to take all the dash out.Many thanks 2mpv
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

It's the resistor on the motor, they cost about £40 from a dealers. Mine went on my HDI, it was sorted under warrenty so unfortunatly I don't know how to replace it.
2mpv

Post by 2mpv »

Thanks for reply Dave.I had thought there may have been something else,because i had tried a used motor(maybe that was faulty as well)Have just spent last three hours on back pages.Found EXCELLENT POST(JUNE2004)WITH SOLUTION which i will probably give ago.Recommended reading for everyone with same trouble.Thanks 2mpv
flugle
My Cars:

Post by flugle »

i had the same problem 2 transistors on top of the fan housing desolder and replaced them and bingo all was well cost about six squid from maplins cant remember the part no unfortunately but Davey was the member who sorted me out, hope this helps