Xantia blue relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Xantia blue relay

Post by bernie »

The rear wiper timer delay relay failed on my Xantia.[:(]
Searching through my spares, the blue relay fitted to the fuse box from a BX is exactly the same.[:)]
Another money saving tip to prove BX's are very useful even when dead[;)]
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The "blue" relay has been used in just about every PSA car that I can think of that has intermittent wipers. They certinaly have a limited life, as I have changed a number of them now. The easiest car to get one out of in a scrappie is a mk1 405, as they are in the fusebox, which is easy-access inside the car.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fastandfurryous</i>

The "blue" relay has been used in just about every PSA car that I can think of that has intermittent wipers. They certinaly have a limited life, as I have changed a number of them now.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have managed to repair two of them - there is a bit of print that acts as a fuse and breaks if the load on the wiper motor increases - I have repaired it by soldering a strand of wire across the gap.
Furryous, eh :) Is that a combination of furry and furious, like an annoyed gorilla? :)
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

Just a quick question,
What are PSA cars?
Cheers
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

After having a short in my rear wiper wiring a few months ago,I replaced the wiring harness which cured the fault(still a mystery as to what caused it!),however I`m left with no intermittent wipe and now have random parking.
Could this be caused by the aforementioned relay, or something else? Or a combination of things?
(I`ve become a dab hand at parking the wiper through my rearview mirror,but this can have a detrimental effect on my forward concentration which I think would be frowned upon by the powers that be;it could even be on a par with eating an apple whilst driving which is deemed extremely dangerous in these parts)
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by adzbaby</i>

Just a quick question,
What are PSA cars?
Cheers
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Those such as Citroën and Peugeot made by (P)eugeot (S)ocieté (A)nonyme; the equivalent to our limited company.
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

"Those such as Citroën and Peugeot made by (P)eugeot (S)ocieté (A)nonyme; the equivalent to our limited company."
If I may...
A limited company is a small Societe Anonyme. In europe, a company that transacts up -to around 1000k euros/year is the Ltd as you say. If it transacts more than that it can become A Societ Anonyme.
The differnce is that the ltd company puts much more responsability on the owners and managers than a SA. If a SA goes bancrupt, the managers are not held responsible. If a lta goes bancrupt the managers have to pay from their personal accounts.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have managed to repair two of them - there is a bit of print that acts as a fuse and breaks if the load on the wiper motor increases - I have repaired it by soldering a strand of wire across the gap.
Furryous, eh :) Is that a combination of furry and furious, like an annoyed gorilla? :)
Interesting. I still have 2 dead ones kicking about somewhere, I shall have to see if I can do a similar repair on them.
That's possibly the best guess so far as to where my name comes from. I'm still waiting for someone to know what it is, so I'm not saying where it comes from. Yet.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by harryb.48</i>

After having a short in my rear wiper wiring a few months ago,I replaced the wiring harness which cured the fault(still a mystery as to what caused it!),however I`m left with no intermittent wipe and now have random parking.
Could this be caused by the aforementioned relay.
Yes.
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

A belated Thankyou, Fastandfurryous .Now can anyone tell me where it`s situated in the Xantia? Thanks.