THROTTLE CABLE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

THROTTLE CABLE

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I have a late 1998 Xantia Activa Turbo, and have a question about the throttle cable, which on my car goes around the houses, (or I should say engine components) on a long route around the back of the engine area, alongside the air filter box, towards the front panel, and then eventually back to the engine. Which means the cable is very long.
If you look at this link it shows an earlier Xantia Activa.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting
Where is the throttle cable routed on this earlier car, because it does not appear to take the same route as the later model ?
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

it doesnt matter if if throttle cable looks too long or routed different,as long as it doesnt foul any moving parts and doesnt have any kinks in it.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sorry, but that's stating the obvious. Which I and other forum members are aware of.
It's like a politician answering a question, but without actually getting the "tone" [:)] of the question, and therefore going off at a tangent. [:(]
I posted to see if there is a difference, or if it's the same.
So, the specific answer to the question is ? [:)]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I expect that there are a few more considerations than Tonespeed has mentioned - like the heat it is subjected to, convenience in anchoring, interferance with other components.
Incidentally the GSF sell a kit which seems to replace most cables used on Citroens and so has plenty of cable, sheath, grommet/end fixings etc. and even a special oil. When I used one on our ZX I made the mistake of not trimming the rubber end by the pedal before assembling the cable and found the pedal wouldn't move more than about half way.
This kit may save you trying several cables and finding problems with them.
Not quite the answer you wanted I know!
jeremy
Jon

Post by Jon »

The XU10J2TE engine is listed by Citroen as only ever having one throttle cable fitted in the Xantia, regardless of RP number or if Mk1 or Mk2. That cable is 1601C4.
Perhaps someone has routed it incorrectly.