Fuel Filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Fuel Filter

Post by mezuk04 »

Im surprised by how much difference a fuel filter change can have on the responsiveness and accelerating difference of the car, so ok its no vanquish but its noticable and the acceleration through the gear changes is much smarter.
Regards
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

So the old one must have been almost solid??
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

What kind of filter was it and how easy was it to change? Only ask as mine needs doing and I'm up for giving the Xsara an oil 'n' filter change in the next 3 to weeks.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

if its like most Inj cars esp cit its easy peasy located to rear side just pulls out once buttons/clips pushed & pushes in.. obviuosly noting the flow..etc & usually overed in 4inch of cack which is nice..[:I]
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

It was a diesel filter, and it was full of s**t. very simple to change on the diesels, 4 alen screws, and a few pumps on the primer bulb...
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

I have just done a service on my ZX TD and have used everything the same as I have in the past but this time I used a CITROEN FUEL FILTER and I have lost accleration and she starts poorly. Its covered in black plastic and has DElPHI written on it. I have now a got lucas in her and every thign is back !!!!! Ah POWER its the simple things in life I like.
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

I put a halfords one in and the car refused to start, old one back in started first time, new halfords one back in again just in case but no wouldn't start.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

I noticed this same problem. It was a Black cartridge installed in mine, (changed yesterday) and now has a WIX one in, simple metal and paper thing, and its much better - started straight away. Last time I changed the one on my old 1.9D estate, it was useless, wouldnt start, eventually when it did, everyday starting became poor.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

cheesesliceking, thanks for the petrol filter tip mate. When it's back from the MOT next week it'll be getting a new oil 'n' filter change with petrol filter.
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

Post by David Hallworth1 »

Do any of you guys know how easy it is to do the fuel filter on a 306 HDi? Also where is it located?
Regards
David.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David Hallworth1</i>

Do any of you guys know how easy it is to do the fuel filter on a 306 HDi? Also where is it located?
Regards
David.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You'll need to undo the four turn knobs and raise the engine cover. The filter is towards the front centre. Can be one of three types. One has a lid held by four screws. The second has a lid which screws off. Another has a lid which is held by a screwed rim.
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

Post by David Hallworth1 »

Cheers John,
Is there any certain type of filter i should use? Or is it worth just trying a Halfords one?
Regards
David.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by David Hallworth1</i>

Cheers John,
Is there any certain type of filter i should use? Or is it worth just trying a Halfords one?
Regards
David.
Before going, know whether you want a Bosch or a Siemens filter. They're not interchangeable.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

cheesesliceking, thanks for the petrol filter tip mate. When it's back from the MOT next week it'll be getting a new oil 'n' filter change with petrol filter.
no worries matey