Car Mechanics Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

madasafish

Car Mechanics Xantia

Post by madasafish »

Good articles in current edition on changing spheres...
http://www.carmechanicsmag.co.uk/
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Tell ya what; if this guy was trying to take a sphere out where he has his hands he's in deep trouble.[:D][;)][:o)]
Alan S[:o)]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Nah - he's changing the glowplugs (must be one of Haynes mechanics with 3m long arms)
//NiSk
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Come on guys stop taking the p**s. It's obvious to us all he's in fact an approved Halfrauds tecnician checking tyre tread deapth.
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

or trying to put the dust cover on the strut
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Or - he's trying not to cry since his matey thought "I wonder what this funny little lever beside the gearlever does" just as he was getting to grips with the front tyre . . .
//NiSk
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

It says in the book 'pollen filter passenger side footwell'
I can't bloody sse it!!!!!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The pollen filter on my Xantia is under a piece of carpet that screws to the underside of the dash in the passenger footwell. Once you've removed the carpet, you should see a large black vessel (the evapourator for the air con) which has a long strip of plastic on the base. The long strip slides lengthways to unclip then drops off. Behind the strip is the pollen filter which should slide down and out. Reassembly is the opposite....
The pollen filter cover takes a large amount off effor to remove, I was sure I was going to break something the second time I did it, but I won in the end and it came off unharmed.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

The pollen filter on my Xantia is under a piece of carpet that screws to the underside of the dash in the passenger footwell. Once you've removed the carpet, you should see a large black vessel (the evapourator for the air con) which has a long strip of plastic on the base. The long strip slides lengthways to unclip then drops off. Behind the strip is the pollen filter which should slide down and out. Reassembly is the opposite....
The pollen filter cover takes a large amount off effor to remove, I was sure I was going to break something the second time I did it, but I won in the end and it came off unharmed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I was joking re. the picture[8D]
tfurness

Post by tfurness »

I think it's a case of truth being more amusing than fiction. He is supposed to be checking for wear to the suspension/wheel bearings, which according to the MOT book says it should be done on the floor as well as in the air. Have you ever had a bearing or bush so bad you could feel it wobble by hand with a 1/4 tonne of car on it?..... No me neither....
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

I found the creaking and the worn inside-edge to be a bit of a give-away !
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Still, inside the mag it's got some good pictures on sphere removal.