Clock Bulb Change---Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Clock Bulb Change---Xantia

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
Whilst putting in a CD player in car today, I wondered if I could reach behind and push out clock. I did so quite easily. I twisted out bulb holder, put in new bulb , and Hey Presto, light. Whole job would have been about 20 mins.
Regards,
Greg<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font color="blue"></font id="blue"><b></b>
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Its always good to hear of a cheap and easy fix !! p.s... did you manage to source a flip-cover mounting fascia for the player (like the one for the ZX?) I've been looking for a while, and can only find the "basic" type.
xantiaBFY
My Cars:

Post by xantiaBFY »

hi,
have any of you guys change the bulb on the air conditioner switch. Mine is gone but the switch is still in good order.
regards
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi MPR,
My CD player has a removable facia--getting fed up of taking it off, putting it back on already, only had it in car 2 days.
I thought only the Bx had the flip cover. Good idea that was.
Cheers
Greg<b></b><font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b>Hi XantiaBFY,
Try taking radio out, then the radiosurround(4 screws). You may be able to reach over with fingers to push switch out from the back, like I did with the clock.
Hope this helps
Greg</b></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size3"></font id="blue">
jakeuk
My Cars:

Post by jakeuk »

only working from memory of when i changed my radio....but when u have the plastic trim out & and the ash tray removed,all the centre console ie air con butons can be unscrewed...dont quote me though....popping the clock out via the radio hole is a blinding tip though
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Can people not do it with a thin flat head screwdriver? I've had all the switches out of 5+ diferent Xantia dashes this way with no problems and no marks left... I wouldnt take the suround and the radio out just for this! Also the ac and all the other push buttons, clock etc can be pushed out the same way, the only one that can cause problems is the alarm LED/ac temp sensor which is easly removed with the clock out.
Andy
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b>Hi Andy,
I already had radio out when I thought of this method. Was putting in a CD player. Still better than ripping half of car apart inside just for 1 dozy bulb.
Regards,
Greg</b></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size3"></font id="blue">
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

while its out it made sence but for those people who just need the clock out its easyer to use the flat screwdriver method, (if your worried about damamgind the suround wrap the shaft of the driver in masking tape).
Your radio does it remember all of the setings from last use or like ours forget them?
With regards to the dead lights in switches, I'm working on convertion the switches to using LED's I will post should I mange it, and I may make the LED switches avalable on exchange baisis.
Andy