Xantia Hydraulic Pipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DarkendViper

Xantia Hydraulic Pipe

Post by DarkendViper »

Hi all,
Just changed the hydraulic pump on my car (96 VSX Estate TD) and noticed that there was a bit of LHM coming out from where the small high pressure pipe goes into the pump. The one i'm on about is nearest the pulley. This pipe then rus down to the acculumator.
does any one know whether GSF stock them and if so what are they called? Failing that could some replacements be made up out of copper brake pipe?
Thanks
Ste
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Are you sure its the pipe thats gone, not just the seal? may be worth checking the nut is tight first then taking the joint down and replacing the seal. (Union nut should only be nipped up not tightened like a conventional flared brake pipe.)
Don't know if the pipe is available from GSF - genuine Citroen won't be expensive (none of the others are - and they are beautifully bent to shape.)
A little leak can make a large difference to the performance of the system and the regulator on your Xantia is only fed by 2 pistons in the pump.
jeremy
DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

It's leaking past the nut threads. I'll have a nother look and see if the seal is there.
Thanks
ste
DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

Right a quick update. I found another pipe and have fitted it. The leak has now stopped but the car is rock hard on the suspension. Anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing this?
Ste