Locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dmcclymont

Locking

Post by dmcclymont »

Hi,
Passenger side central locking unit packed up on a ZX TD, just after an opinion, cabling, or soleniod, do not want to strip the door then need the part afterwards ;-) just stopped working one day that makes me suspect a wire fell off, or is this how they usually fail?
I presume Andyspares will sell them ( I will look in a mo! )
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

Had the same problem on my driver sider door, and yes the cable had fallen out so i glued it back in! The door cards are very simple to take off and put back on, the window winder (if you have one) will just pull off. also be careful with the door locks as the retaining clip is easy to reak!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I take it you are talking about the lock motor itself rather than the key operated switch on the passenger door?
When I had a BX lock motor fail it would cause the car to unlock itself after locking unless I pressed down the affected door lock button first. the motors in fact have 5 wires - 2 for switches and 3 for the motor - one for each way and a common return. This means that the thing is unlikely to simply die but partially function.
If you have a plip the drivers door only will be active, the passenger door key operates that door only and NOT the rest of the car. - same BX and ZX.
Jeremy