Door furniture

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stansbury
My Cars:

Door furniture

Post by Stansbury »

Hello I am trying to remove the door card on My ZX Aura in order to fix the window. The winder stopped working after the kids payed with it!
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Remove thorx screws from underneath inside handle, remove cover plate for wing mirror. Using small flat ended screwdriver, remove lock button (its fiddly, push small clip in and it should come off the end of the rod its attached to). Prise electric window switches out and remove connector. Pull speaker grill off and remove and disconnect speaker. Remove surround for inside door release. Carefully with larger flat screwdriver, working round the edges of door card prise card from door (held on with brittle plastic clips, so guaranteed to break at least one!). Hey presto, door card removed.
If your model does not have electric windows, then (if my memory serves me correctly) theres a clip on the back of the window winder handle, that is U shaped, needs pulling out, then handle comes off.
The haynes fairy book does actually detail this job well, so if you can get your hands on one it will help if you get stuck.
The chances are, if the window has stopped going up and down, the cables on the regulator have snapped (ive seen loads of them do this) so will need replacement.
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

Didnt go too bad but cant work out whats wrong with the window! The winder does not wind, the glass falls down when im driving and when i go over speed bumps or stop sharply. Any ideas?
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Has the cable snapped on the regulator (the metal track inside the door) If its snapped, it will not work, and hence fall down. Or has the window disconnected itself from the regulator? Its held on with a plastic clip in the centre at the bottom of the window (turn it to release the glass). Regulator is held on by 5 bolts.
Lower window, remove seal and weatherstrip, remove glass (plastic clip at bottom) Undo the 5 bolts on the regulator and any wires if its electric, and remove. Inspect for snapped cables, if snapped buy new/replacement regulator.
I suggest if you encounter difficulties having a look at a haynes for the zx, although it doesnt give diagrams that are really clear, it gives you a good idea of how it all comes to bits.