Classic Cars Live!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

Classic Cars Live!

Post by bikeboyz »

If anybody going to Classic Cars Live! at Alexandra Palace this weekend? I plan to go on Sunday and join the convoy from The Ace Cafe to AP.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

I've ended up with two extra complimentary tickets for this show, anybody want them.
Details at http://www.classiccarslive.com
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So, did you enjoy the show, and cruise from the Ace Cafe. [:D]
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

260 miles later and I'm home, the longest return journey so far in the old girl. To recap, I ended up winning the Club Peugeot UK forum competition, tickets for the EMAP Classic Cars Live! at Alexandra Palace.
Left Bournemouth at 430am Sunday morning, and a steady 55mph cruised up the M3. Stopped for a short sleep (those 504 seats turning in to two beds are so handy), and a wipe over with the cloth. Arrived at The Ace Cafe on the North Circular at 730am, I was only the second person there! The stuard parked me up next to a Ford Capri
The Ace Cafe is a great place ( www.the-ace-cafe-london.com ), and quickly filled up with classic cars and bikers. I had to register and collect my map, as all the cars had the chance to drive in convoy to the show. By 830am, the car park was full.
I was the only Peugeot represented, both at the drive in and the show. French classics on the drive in, included Citroen Traction convertable, Citroen DS23, Citroen SM, and out off all of the cars, mine being the only diesel.
After breakfast I returned to the 504, and just getting my camera out, was greated a chap who said "you must be Matthew". It was Martin Moore, editor of Practical Classics magazine, who was pleased to see the 504 and that I had driven up from Bournemouth. He of course recognised the car from this months magazine! and he wasn't the only one.
9am sharp and we all pealed out of the car park and were marshalled in to the road to form a huge army of vehicles, and we left in convoy on to the north circular. It didn't take long to loose most of the cars at roundabout, traffic lights and junctions. I kept my eye out for the DS which rode high above the rooflines of the other cars which helped.
Once we'd found our way to Alexandra Palace, all the drive in cars were allowed to park in a private security patrolled car park together.
The show was smaller than I expected, and there were no Peugeots. Citroen were out in force, with another DS, SM and H Van on show, and another car club with a 2CV in true convertable form. Some stars for me were the mark 1, Renault 5 turbo, a Fiat Strada (when did you last see one?), and a Hummer. The saddest car for me was a Delorian made to look like Back to the Future, kitted out with home made assessories, but using odd bits and pieces and clearly they were Scart Cables!
And of course Quetin Wilson was drivilling on over the microphone...yawn..!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »