My ZX Aura 1.9D

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stansbury
My Cars:

My ZX Aura 1.9D

Post by Stansbury »

Okay, I have just today got my first ZX Aura 1.9D and OMG it was such a nice drive home. Covered 315 miles today and loved every second of it. It sticks to the road like glue and does not do what my Mondeo done! (tiped up leaving 3 wheels on the road) when taking a roundabout at 50MPH at night.
Heres the problems. I do not know much about cars. I put them into Drive and accelerate and off I go. So some help would be nice!
My heater only works in position 1 and thats superfast convinced that should be setting 4. Any ideas and explanations would be great.
The spedo and rev meter do not light up! Been told and seen this is a common problem but the heater switches do not light up either again any ideas? My last question. There is a pipe from the twist knob under the bonnet (Thermostat) and its not attached to anything. Is this normal? Its just hanging down pointing to the road. Yellowish in colour.
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

sounds like the heater resistor is faulty inside the heater assembly.
the dash bulbs have gone by the sound of it in the heater control and instrument cluster.a bit tricky to do if you havent done any before.
not sure about your last question?,can you describe it a bit better?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Your yellow pipe sounds like the fuel filter drain pipe, the bottom end just hangs there.
Stewart
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

Thanks both of you. Tonespeed you have lifted a weight off my mind LOL>
If I sat down could I replace the bulbs or are we talking more technical ?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Dash bulbs are not too difficult but its helpful if you have a haynes manual. get a bucketful of bulbs and replace all youcan find - which means removing a cover at one side.
You must remove the instruement binnacle to get at the bulbs. Be careful if you have an airbag as you will have to turn it off I think.
You may find instructions if you search this site.
Same goes for heater controls.
Jeremy
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

The yellow ish pipe will be the fuel filter drain pipe. As for the bulbs, its a you need to remove the surround from the insturment cluster (4 screws i think, 2 at top, 2 just behind where the steering column shroud is) then theres possibly another 4 in the same places holding the binacle in, just be careful getting it out, as theres a few connectors on the back. Only snag ive ever had is the speedo cable can be tight to get back in. This is one job that the haynes fairy book covers rather well.
zxb29
My Cars:

Post by zxb29 »

Easiest way to remove the speedo cable is remove the car stereo (make sure you have the stereo security code before taking it out!).
Then jus stick ur hand through the hole where the car stereo was and the cable can be connected/disconnected with ease [:D]
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Does the ZX have the silly situation of "always on" dashboard lights like girlie's AX? A great way to use up bulbs!
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

might be worth £70 quid to stick your car in for a 'health check' at a stirling garage, i did when i got my ZX. they'll give you a helpfull sheet of things that need to be sorted, but will also answer any qustions.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

Does the ZX have the silly situation of "always on" dashboard lights like girlie's AX? A great way to use up bulbs!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
yup...daft! great for forgetting to put your lights on when driving around town! [;)]
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

Does anyone know how to turn the high beems on? I can not find a switch anywhere. I can flash the lights but not lock on high?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Its the combination indicator/flasher stalk. With headlights turned on (turn end) - should always come on dip - pull up - should go on main - pull again - dip.
If it doesn't work have a look at all the wiring and the dip relay, also worth looking at the fuses.
Jeremy