NON GEOGRAPHIC NUMBERS

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

NON GEOGRAPHIC NUMBERS

Post by ACTIVE8 »

0870 numbers are not cheap, and can be a means for a company to earn more money out of you, companies keep you on hold play messages to you, to promote their products while not having enough operators to answer the phone calls from their customers.
Why should you pay extra to speak to your bank, when they are looking after your money, and making a very good profit on doing that.
Why should you pay more to speak to your car or home insurance company, computer helpline, or any other company !!

If you have cheap calls as part of your telephone package then these 0870 numbers do not help, because they add up, and can errode any savings made, they can cost a lot more than any savings made, and burn a hole in your pocket !
To avoid the costs incurred by using these lines, try to avoid using them, and use a local number if you can, but if you do not know of another number for who you are calling, then maybe this website will be useful.
http://www.saynoto0870.com/
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I make telephone calls to various relatives, friends, and companies in the U.K. and to different countries.
Therefore, I have organised my phone line to make significant savings !
So, why should I pay more to speak to a company here, than I would to anyone abroad [?]
The 0870 numbers are for the benefit, and profit of the companies that operate them.
The computer this post is being typed on, required a warranty issue to be dealt with recently.
Looking up the telephone number, revealed that they now have an 0870 number. [:(!]
Checking through the old paperwork revealed the previous number, which is not an 0870 number, was still connected, and still in use. [:D]
<font color="red"> Having paid for the computer, and it came with a warranty, I am not paying any additional unecessary costs through lines that charge excess rates for a call !

</font id="red">
I managed to get everything sorted out through the normal cheaper number. [:D]
So, I hope that other forum members might find the web site useful.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So, here's some info from the site, with the alternative cheaper numbers:-
http://www.saynoto0870.com/company_search.php
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

You can search for any number you need, and not just the ones listed in the example shown above.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I thought 0870 numbers were why you had a phone on your desk in the office?
Don't tell my gaffer...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I have needed to use this site several times now, and it's worked out OK on every search. Thoroughly recommended ! [:D]