xantia radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

samanbob

xantia radio

Post by samanbob »

Have a 95 xantia lx/dimension and with a tapedeck that drowns out the diesel engine. How compatible are the newer models' stereos ? Am I better off putting a fascia and a halfrauds special in?
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Newer models wont fit your dash. If you don't want to get another tape deck off eBay or a breakers, do what I did and get a fascia, and adapter lead for the make of stereo you want, you can then have a modern cd/mp3 player or whatever you want and still keep the steering wheel controls. I've got a Sony CDXR3000 cd/mp3 on mine, works and sounds great. Took me a little over an hour to fit. All bits can be found at Halfords or eBay usually.
samanbob

Post by samanbob »

Ah
I have found a stereo, although its off i think, a 99 xantia tho not sure it would fit. It even has auto reverse, oh the luxury....
samanbob

Post by samanbob »

Oh- how do i get the code if i buy a radio from the breakers? is it a cap in hand to the citroen dealer?
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by samanbob</i>

Oh- how do i get the code if i buy a radio from the breakers? is it a cap in hand to the citroen dealer?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You can get the code from the main dealer for £8.00 if it's the original radio/cassette, and you can prove it's your car with the V5 etc, if you have a radio from another car, without the chassis number, and correct documents, then they might not be able to help.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Use the search facility at the top of the page for Radio code.Theres a website where you can post on their forum,& you`ll get the radio code.Been used a few times by members on here to get codes.
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Once you know serial no etc of your radio the guys on this site will help you out.
http://radiocode.proboards6.com
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This radio/cass is available on ebay:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 35239&rd=1
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This company has been used by forum members, and might be able to help. [:)]
http://www.codeman.org/
samanbob

Post by samanbob »

Thanks
Whats the compatibility of a 99 radio with my dash? They look similar in size and shape
samanbob

Post by samanbob »

I have picked up a nice pioneer cd player(used) for car. it has just one connector plug to my xantia's 3. Also require an adaptor for aerial from female to male. Any top tips for where to get required parts reasonably cheaply including a fascia? I got quickly scared at the prices in halfords....[V]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Could even try Citroen - ZX about £10, Halfords £29.99 a couple of years ago.
connectors etc - maplins?
jeremy
Nick_Brown
My Cars:

Post by Nick_Brown »

just wondering where i can get an Citroen AX Fascia Adapter?
Cant seem to find1 and its pissin me off :(