Clunk on braking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mpr1956
My Cars:

Clunk on braking

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi there... thanks to the advice on here, my 93 tdsx is riding like a dream except for a slight clunk or two from the front right-hand suspension when I brake and the suspension is "working". Have any of you had experience of this? It would be great to fix the last slight "gremlin" on the car...
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Drop links on the way out?Does it only clunk when braking,or when hitting bumps etc?
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

The suspension is silent except when I brake and the car hits a bump at the same time.. It sounds like a rubber bush is being overstressed somewhere?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Drop links are the favorite culprit. Difficult to detect comprehensively but the usual methods of trying to get the load off it (one end is on the anti-roll bar so it loads when you raise one side . . . ) The other possibilities are inner wishbone joints, ball joint on hub carrier or even track rod ends. Have a look round and a good lever of the joints preferably without load and if you still can't find anything replace the drop link (both?) as its not very expensive and quite easy and see if it makes any difference. At least then you have eliminated that problem.
Jeremy