All the money's going, no new car this year?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

All the money's going, no new car this year?

Post by Stuart McB »

Well me and the wife have been looking at buying anew house and moving on (deeper in to the Worcestershire country side) when I got this great news from the wife.
Yes it'd true <b>I'M GOING TO BE A DADDY FOR THE FIRST TIME </b>[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D].
So it looks like the Xsara 3 door is on the way out possibly. Been down to the local Citroen dealer who offered me £2800 on my 'S'reg VTR against anew C4 SLX HDi, which would leave £10,500. Very tempting but first I'll see how we (wife and me) get on. Did I tell you I'm <b>GOING TO BE A DADDY </b>[:D][:D][:D][:D]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Many congratulations to you both[:)].Hope all goes well.[:)]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Congratulations!,
Before you go buying a new car, get your pushchair first and all the associated other stuff and check you can get it all in the boot first, otherwise you might have another car change in 9 months time when you find out it wont all fit !!, time to consider an estate maybe ?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Funny you should say that but have had cars cheaper then some of the push chairs / prams that we've seen.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Cheers, congrats on being a Dad.Best wishes.
I became one (twice), and ended up with a BX. And a Blingo. It all went on car seats, Mamas and Papas prams and the like. Baby Gap, Mothercare....Toys R Us....Wooolworths....Next....H & M.
Best you get down and get yourself a nice Blingo HDi.Ideal for the young family. Forget the C4 nonsense!
"My life has changed in all so many ways...." Neil Young[:)]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Congratulationss on the impending patter of tiny feet[:D][:D][:D]
with all of the gear modern babies seem to demand shouldnt you be looking for a CX or XM break?
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Well done Stuart, dont believe any of the nonsense about loss of sleep, loss of social life, lack of sex life and so on that goes with kids - (its all true - just dont depress yourself).
Getta Blingo HDi or even a Xantia - Our Xant sits 2 adults & 2 kids no sweat and the boot swallows the special needs maxi param and a smaller one, and the bags of stuff again without any problems. Tows the caravan or trailer packed with all the camping gear and our W plateer only cost £3500! Cheap as chips.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Stuart best wishes to you, the other half, and your growing family.
They say life begins at 40, but in actual fact it begins with baby. [:D]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

We've got 3 kids, 2 6 months and 1 2.5 years, we have all 3 in the back in child seats, me and the wife up front, and in the boot is the double pushchair for the twins, and the single pushchair on top of the load cover, all the bottles, nappies, toys etc so necesary for any journey go in the footwell in the back of the car,
You can just about fit it all into a Xantia, but an estate would have been a much better choice really
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

No more 2 door cars for you then!!!
When we had our first we had a Marina Coupe and a Skoda Rapide, both 2 door, and what a pain they were! The Marina didn't have rear seat belts, either, so I had to fit them.
Now the kids are bigger, however, and we have more money, apart from the old BX we also have Gods gift to people with kids, cue drums and trumpets, the MPV!!!!( not a Citroen, though.....)
You now have all the fun to look forward too of them wanting to wash the car, moving the same bit of dirty water round and round the same spot, they fiddle with the stalks and switches, they burn the house down,they want money,they don't like your new york dolls records, all sorts, its all fun from now on!!!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Thanks guys for all the info [:)]. As a very late in the day 30 something I can look back on some great cars but you're all right, the Afla spider is not going to happen (again) just yet [:(]. Have for about 2 months been looking at a Xantia TD but the wife is saying "no way" she may yet come round. Saving some cash and getting something like an 'S'reg or a year either way. Saying that the neighbour may have the answer to my questions. He's got an Alfa 156 sport saloon and the wife realy likes it. Down sides are, it ain't no sporty Alfa (in the looks dept), it's a four door, it ain't very new born friendly, high service cost, even quicker depreciation then a Citroen and finaly Alfa's should only come in red [:)] but the wife says "silver would look nice" [;)] must be hormones or somthing. As for bxbodger's Skoda Rapid' mate had the coupe version when they were still new and I must say I realy liked it....a lot. Always like the under dog in my cars. That's why I'm on my third Citroen [:D]