ZX Dim/Dip Relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Danbloke
My Cars:

ZX Dim/Dip Relay

Post by Danbloke »

The relay on my zx is slowly dying and needs replacing. Occasionally when turning the lights onto dipped they stay on sidelight type illumination. A quick prod of the wiring used to fix it though. Now it seems to be on its way out as more and more contortionism(?) is required to get them to switch up.
As some of you probably know its the relay thats hidden behind the fuseboard, in between a couple of heating pipes and generally completely unreachable. So I'm going to get the dash out and change it, problem is I don't know what sort of relay I need!
Does anyone know a part number or description that would get me the right one? I don't fancy having the dash out and trying to find the bit afterwards in case I can't find one.
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

have you check the main large multi plug that join the engine/under bonnet wiring to the fuse box etc?
if you remove the windscreen scuttle and wiper assembly,on the drivers side bulk head you will see a large black multi plug(about 3 inches square).this has a single torx screw in the centre.remove the plug and check the pins.i have done a few ZXs in the past where water has got in and corroded the pins causing various systems to play up!
as we all know the scuttles on these cars are well known for getting clogged up with leaves and rain water.