CX stop solenoid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

CX stop solenoid

Post by tomsheppard »

Found that mine had developed a leak.[:(]
I've temporarily fixed it (I hope) with Epoxy putty. So far, so good, as I have started the car and it all stays dry...
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

FWIW, I've owned 2 that "mechanics" have removed the plunger out of the solenoids so I often wonder at how necessary it really is and how many of them actually work.
Alan S
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I have seen them leak through the crimped part on the top, probably only a nuisance amount though, removing the plunger is really only suitable as a diagnostic tool, the solenoids are readily available but its nice not to spend £25 when you dont need to, other faults I have seen is a failure of the rubber part on the bottom of the plunger, a chunk comes out and the thing stops sealing/unsealing the port its supposed to, the usual symptom of this is a refusal to stop.
Stewart
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Whoops; there I go again.
I keep forgetting you guys run all these Kentucky Deep fried oil burners, mine of course were all petrol.
If you took the solenoid out of a diesel, you'd almost have to wwait until the tank was dry before it would stop wouldn't you?[:D][:o)][:o)]
Alan S[8D]
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>

FWIW, I've owned 2 that "mechanics" have removed the plunger out of the solenoids so I often wonder at how necessary it really is and how many of them actually work.
Alan S
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey Alan,
He's running on fish 'n' chip oil most likely. If it's anything like our old deisel wagon the problem will be ..... it won't stop [:0] NOT it won't start. To stop our CX deisel you need to hit the manual cutout on the pump by lifting the bonnet.
Dads found a use for the CX Turbo II deisel parts I have. He reckons we should bore out the old CX2200 wagons motor and fit all the turbo II parts I have. (You see the guy I bought the parts from was a Citroen dealer, he had fitted a new short motor to a CX turbo II deisel that had a porous block .... Only the motor with the porous block had only done 10,000miles ..... I have the crank, pistons, bearings etc.... from a 10,000mile motor [:D] ).
seeya,
Shane L.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Well, it leaked from the crimped bit at the top and kept doing so. £17 fixed it with the right part in stock half a mile away. So that's that.