306 Alarm went off!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

blueagle78
My Cars:

306 Alarm went off!!!

Post by blueagle78 »

My car's alarm went off this morning for no reason what so ever. I parked my car last night in my drive way and I opened up the door in normal way as I do every day and when as soon as I turned the key to on the alarm went off. Turned the key off, waited for few seconds until the alarm was OK and when I tried again the same thing happened. The problem is my remote locking key's buttons are broken so I always use the key to lock and unlock the car.
I need my car really badly and suggestion from you guys (as always)would be greatly appreciated!
Ta
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

from what i can remember there are two ways to disarm the system,some peugeots had a lock on the front landing panel under the bonnet to turn it off.
the second way,open drivers door,turn ignition on and press the button on right side of steering wheel(symbol like a speaker).
this normally sorts it out.
solara

Post by solara »

the button by the steering column, only disarms the internal unlrasonic sensors, not all sensor (door switches etc). Switch off the alarm sounder with the key switch in the engine compartment.
blueagle78
My Cars:

Post by blueagle78 »

Thanks for your suggestion guys! I'll definitely try these as soon as I go home but I've got another problem. When I bought this car couple of months ago I didn't get the key for the alarm even though my car has got the alarm lock under the bonnet. But I've got couple of friends who've got diesel 306. If I borrow from one of them would it work?
Once again thanks for your help guys! I think without guys like you people like me can't drive Peugeots and other not very reliable cars!
solara

Post by solara »

Doubt it, but worth a try.
Check all switch sensors are lubed up and free.
Eg door lock stubs and catches move freely. Also check the bonnet switch next to the bonnet safety latch is not stuck, as well as door light switches. One stuck switch or break in the wire will trigger a false alarm.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

if its the same as the xantia it is unlock doors with key start the car whlst pressing said speaker looking button all within 10 seconds this should disarm the alarm.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tonespeed1999</i>

from what i can remember there are two ways to disarm the system,some peugeots had a lock on the front landing panel under the bonnet to turn it off.
the second way,open drivers door,turn ignition on and press the button on right side of steering wheel(symbol like a speaker).
this normally sorts it out.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Both of these ways are correct, One or the other will shut the alarm up.
It all depends on how old the car is & what alarm Peugeot fitted at the factory.