306 DT Intake Mods

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thedadio
My Cars:

306 DT Intake Mods

Post by thedadio »

Hi Im Looking to change my standard inlet manifold for one from a zx/xantia. It goes staight over the middle of the rocker cover, with a round inlet, im looking to front mount a Cossie intercooler.
How much will the extra tubing affect lag?if i use as much solid piping as possible, will this reduce lag? i want to come from the original top left outlet from the turbo, staight down to the bottom of the intercooler, then back out the top with chrome pipe into the new center inlet manifold.... possible?
Also Any advantages in changing from kkk to t2? I have option of inlet manifold from 406 td with egr, plus exhaust manif. plus t2 turbine.... £30 squid!!!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I've deleted this topic for you in the Citroen forum.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

No advantage from changing from the KKK to the garrett, so I wouldn't bother. Its a nasty enough job when you have to, so if you have a choice leave the blower well alone!
Where are you going to mount your intercooler just out of interest? Are you replacing the fans or moving the whole rad/fan assembly back towards the engine??
I'm not sure about the lag, if you use as little piping as possible it should be hardly noticable, it all depends on the routing. Try and keep as few sharp bends as possible in the pipes too as this introduces a restriction.
thedadio
My Cars:

Post by thedadio »

Well i was looking to mount new lightweight fans on the rear of the radiator, Ford Style, Will this cause problems with cooling in the summer? Just gonna chop out bits from the bumper until i can mount intercooler, not sure about routing pipes yet :-(
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

get yourself the slimline fans that are direct fit from the derv doctor, www.dervdoctor.co.uk IIRC, have you got any pics of the Inlet mani your intending to use? I'm just looking at going for a front mount IC and if theres an easier way then I'm interested
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

provided you don't go silly and mount 10 intercoolers, or 1 intercooler the size of Brighton, it should make litte difference to lag.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I dunno... an intercooler the size of brighton could be quite amusing sticking out the front of a pug 306!
I have done similarly on a 405 TD in the past, with a front mounted intercooler. The turbo on the XUD engine comes in so progressively at such low revs that there was no detectable increase in turbo lag when accelerating from low revs. When booting it at 3000 ish, there was a slight increase in lag, but the improvement in charge cooling was far more of a bonus. It's worth turning the boost up a bit as well to make use of the improved cooling. (from the standard 14.5psi to about 16 or so)