Unidentifiable alternator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Unidentifiable alternator

Post by bxbodger »

Afternoon, all. I am having a bit of charging trouble, and its giving all the symtoms of a failed rectifier pack, the trouble is,if |I need to get some bits I need to know what alternator I have!!
Its on a BXRD17 diesel, but there's no manufacturers name on it that I can find: Haynes lists various ones, but what it doesn't list is the identifying features. I don't know if its mitsubishi, valeo, or what!!
Does anyone know what the different ones look like- is there any way to tell them apart?
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Revue Technique shows exploded diagrams of 3 different variants of alternaters for ALL diesels.
(1) Bosch (smooth central section, and with external regulator)
(2) Mitsubishi Melco (ribbed central section, internal regulator)
(3) " " " " " " "
I've personally seen an Iskra alternater on a 19TGD - a replacement, possibly?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

It sounds like the Bosch one, but, maddeningly, the regulator, although external, (black, and round, with two white bolt flanges) has no identification marks- I know I can get a replacement but there are two different types for different diameter rotors, and they both look the same.
I suppose it will have to wait for the weekend when I have time to get it out for a closer look and a measure of the slip-ring diameter: its still charging more than its not at present, and the emergency starter pack is in the boot!!