the usual suspects - rear bushes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rashmore

the usual suspects - rear bushes

Post by rashmore »

Car went in for mot yesterday - Failed on upper rear rubber bushes...both sides. oh and on a sticker on the windscreeen that is within the swept area.
what ? new section not allowed any sticker within 10mm of swept. so my stick on sun visor(to stop sun blindess by rear view miror), that doesnot restrict my vision (whereas my pull down ones manufactured by citroen, in the car sit further down do) has to come off - if i'd put a smaller wiper blade on it would have passed.
Now the new one coming in regarding tinted window darkness (amount of light let thro), for the pimp boys in the hood raggamuffin max power i can't see u cos my windows are black so i'm gonna run you off the roundabout - yeah i'm happy with that...especially seeing as i can't wear a tinted visor in crash helmet anymore ! (sorry rant over - had to get up 1 hr earlier to catch lift into work)
Back to the issue - are the mounts easy to replace as got to do tonight?
Presumably i can just jack the car to release the pressure on the mounts, undo the single bolt in the suspension arm and the two bolts in the boot. insert new bush and off we go
or because its a citroen is there added complications....lol
Bro got haynes book of half truths
cheers
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

See the write up by Jon / Dave Burns here:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1699
You might as well do all 4, as the fronts will probably be as far gone as the rears, and I think you need to take them off anyway. Doing it in an evening is probably a bit optimistic... If you are time pressed, something is bound to go wrong you don't have the parts for!
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

Excellent, looks like i may as well change all the bushes then. Looks like a weekend job afterall :-)
The square mounts that have gone - is there a single threaded bolt each side of the block, as the ones that have been dropped off have - for some reason says saxo/306 engine mount on packaging, but this may be their (Pearl) referencing ? or have i been given the wrong ones ?
off to check for more info
thanks