XM V6 12v Auto

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

XM V6 12v Auto

Post by David Hallworth1 »

Hi, I am breaking an XM for spares. If anyone needs anything, please let me know, and i'll get back to you with a price, and see if its intact.
Thanks
David.
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

Meant to say, my email address is DHallworth1@aol.com, if your looking for spares, email me, i'll probally end up forgetting to check the forum!!!
David.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

What a surprise... [:o)]
So, it seems XM's are not like diamonds... [xx(][8D]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Thats because they are worth more as spares than they are as a going car . . . (says something about Citroën's attitude to spares pricing as well)
//NiSK
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

I have been told that if i get my V6 24v XM in good running condition that it'd be worth £2-3k. Be lucky to get that for it though. I bought the one I am breaking for spares as a car for spares for my 24v. But i suppose if your looking for a V6 24v XM, then it's worth a lot to you. Depends on your circumstances i suppose.
David.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

How much for front seats? What kind are they?[:)]
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

Front seats are the velour type, £40 for the pair. I am in the UK, would you want postage to Portugal?
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Hmmm... if you could check for postage, i'd apreciate very much.
Who knows[;)]?
So they are manual then, right?
Thanks!
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

Hi, Just looked at the condition of the seats..... the drivers seat has gotten wet and gone all moldy and looks like it might even be a bit rotten i'm afraid, the passenger seat doesn't look to bad though.Unsure as to how to package it to get it to Portugal. Anyone know of a box big enough for a car seat?
Let me know what you wanna do.
Regards
David.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

NiSK, I agree with you concerning the ridiculous high price of XM spares, but that's not all - most XM's also vanish because repair costs are just too expensive.
My father has a XM 2.0 abandoned in its garage. He's trying to sell it for 2000Eur but the best offer so far is 800Eur! Meanwhile, repair price is over 3000Eur and with no guarantees of success! Just needs 7 new spheres, lhm change, fuel pump, new cambelt, new tyres, new rear arm, and, last but not least, it has an electical problem that two official citroen agents claim "unable to detect the source" and recommend "to buy a new car". [:0]
You can have a 1950 Merc, that Merc will fix it.
Conclusion: Except for the DIYselfer, it is much more expensive to keep running a XM than a '80 Mercedes.
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

I agree with you on the ridiculour price of parts from Citroen. A new water pump for a 24v XM i have been told is over £300!![:0] But then again, the quality of the ride of this car kinda makes up for it when its running i suppose, but they are incredibly dear. Most places like GSF, Partco etc are much cheaper.
Regards
David.
tonyg
My Cars:

Post by tonyg »

Hi Dave
I guess that your 24V car is a series 1? If so £2-3K is a dream price. Running well it's probably worth £0.75-1.5K.
The parts are expensive but the cars are cheap. If nothing too much goes wrong (with an XM - definitely fingers crossed) then I reckon that they are not too bad to run.
Tony
David Hallworth1
Locked user account
My Cars:

Tony,
yes it's a series 1. It was Paul Johnston at the XM Centre that said £2-3k. To be honest, the price that it would be worth doesn't bother me at all as i wouldn't be selling it.
Still got most of the pieces of the V6 12v that I am breaking. If anybody needs anything, please let me know. DHallworth1@aol.com
Regards
David