Another Xantia rear suspension nightmare!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RDD
My Cars:

Another Xantia rear suspension nightmare!

Post by RDD »

Not to steal barneysvage thread, I'm having some problems of my own....
Not long aquired a '95 M-reg Xantia 1.9TD LX for the princely sum of £1 (I know, but I can't resist cheap cars!)
Suspaension was shot, so I put on new suspension spheres at all 4 corners, but I can't get the rear height corrector to work properly. When the control rod is connected up, it operates in totally the opposite direction!!! Set the lever to min, the front goes down, but the back goes up, and vice-versa..... It will also lose pressure gradually if set to any position in between min and max, and the back end sits right down. I've tried 3 different rear height correctors from a breakers now, and all do the same! Fresh LHM has been used, and it's beginning to drive me nuts :)
Any help/pointers/advice/reassuring noises much appreciated!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The feed and return pipes to the height corrector are connected the wrong way around [:o)]
Very easy to do on a Xantia apparently - my mate's done it (I haven't, but probably only because I've not changed a rear HC!)
barneysvage
My Cars:

Post by barneysvage »

At least yours goes up & down....!
Barneysvage
RDD
My Cars:

Post by RDD »

Well, went down the motor club at work (one of the perks of the RAF!), and put the Xantia up on the lift. Swapped round the feed and return pipes, and hey presto, it works :)
Now it looks like I neeed to change the front accumulator spere:)
Cheers chaps :D