Picked up My 'new' BX today.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

Picked up My 'new' BX today.

Post by Stinkwheel »

Well went and picked up my 30 quid very short tax and test BX 17RD today. All the expected faults are present, stiff and bouncy front struts/spheres. Needs a new clutch. And the gate or whatever you call it on the gearbox is very poor, easiy to select reverse or 3rd instead of 1st. Heater controls dont work, matrix hot and warm air through but no blower motor.
Other than this it drives very well, the engine is peppy and only smokes when first started, so quite normal for a diesel. Interior could do with a quick spruce but not at all bad and the rear doesnt look like its ever been sat it. New ish tyres all round too.
Im quite happy with my 30 quid purchase, next little while weill see me do it up bit by bit Im sure.
See link below for pics.
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41a7ba35_c3 ... CBqmTPlB1u
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41a7ba35_c3 ... CBcgBOlgsV
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Oh yes, i forgot to say, its done 213,000 miles :-)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Those links are broken for me fella, but hey, another convert to the BX moneypit cause! I like your style!
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I was about to post the same thing - about the links that is....
Moneypits, Jon? Well, at least BXs don't depreciate in between each glance at them, though any expenditure makes less than no difference to the monetary value.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Strange,
links worked earlier? Im sure you all know what a 17RD looks like anyway. Im happy with any 30 quid car you can drive home over a 100 miles at a good 70mph anyway. When I've skinned all my knuckles and its failed it re-test I shall probably think otherwise :-)
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="2"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Hi,
Enjoy your Bx. I`m beginning to think they are a better proposition than an Xantia, certainly less crud on them to go wrong. I have done 3 sets of rear radius arms on 3 different Bx`s, a clutch ( too old for that stuff now ), and various other jobs.
The links didn`t work for me, either.
Best of luck
Greg</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size2"></font id="blue">
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Nope Matt, likes are still dead.
naxia
My Cars:

Post by naxia »

in response to what Grehh1100 said, I think im rether in clined to agree with you i think the BX is a better car too, by way of performance and fuel economy i dont know of another which can beat the BXTD, i had ae estate Kreg, but will be selling it soon as it needs some work doing to and i dont have the time, shame though, loved driving it i gotit on 83k and now has 113k
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Dead links, twice!! Welcome to the fold, now your weekends are taken care of.
Stewart
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

My weekends were already taken care of (motorbikes and other cits oh and family etc)
I like BX's though, never had a diesel one before though.
Shall be sweraring at it soon enough im sure.
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

Having driven both the Xantia and BX i can quite honestly say i'd much rather have the BX.
My GTI has cost me 2grand since last september when i got it and it still needs more spending but still love it!
I could afford a much newer/fancier car but the BX is just sooooo amazing! Its big on the inside yet seems so small on the outside and just shrinks around me when i'm driving it!
Want to take mine off the road now to do some more work to it so if anybody knows of any REAL nice BX's for sale please let me know!
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

My BX TGD was terminally dull! Well, that's what I thought at the time at the ripe old age of 21. Now I wonder whether getting rid of the BX with 150k miles on the clock and in very good condition was a good idea. Especially now I'm in a 306 DTurbo which cost many more times the price and is just as dull if a rather tidy handler. The only aspect I really didn't like about the BX was the single wiper. It may seem a small think but it really annoyed me at speed when the water wiped across the screen ran straight back up the screen again!
But it did convey me and 4 friends and the camping gear to Glastonbury in fine style. "Is it meant to sit that low?" my mate asked as we loaded up. At least it had that gimmick!
Sorry, got a bit waffly there.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Thats why I bought another. Sold a black TXD about 4 years ago and regretted it straight away, so 4 years and 2 new Berlingo's later I'm back in the warm glow of a BX.[:I] Warm glow might be pushing it a bit as it's front wheel free at the moment with engine in bits and spread from one end of the garage to t'other[:I]