Citroen Xantia electric window motor removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mootip
My Cars:

Citroen Xantia electric window motor removal

Post by mootip »

Help!
Drivers side electric window not working, so have bought a whole new unit in the hope of curing it. Have got as far as removing everything but the final part at the top where the motor is attached to the window. It must be a simpler job than I am making it, but 1hour outside on a day like today has done me in. Any help advice greatly appreciated.[:o)]
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Not too difficult!
The window's attached to the regulator by a nylon clip, which needs to be turned through 90 degrees to release it - a pair of long-nosed pliers helps here. You'll also need to remove the rubber channel from the outside of the door, as the rear track for the window is incorporated in this. Remove the glass from the outside, and the regulator will come out through the aperture in the inside of the door.
Good luck!
mootip
My Cars:

Post by mootip »

Thnx for advice dnsy. Did manage to get the plastic clip off with long nosed pliers, but was stuck from there. Will do as you say tomorrow as long as my hands get some feeling back in them. My next fear is that I will change it all and it won't bl*#dy work due to the switch itself being faulty. Fingers crossed and thanks again.
[:X]