Xantia ignition key

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jemboyd
My Cars:

Xantia ignition key

Post by jemboyd »

What's the situation with acquiring a replacement key? My remote sensor key doesn't work, (except manually, of course) and It's the only key I have for the car...
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

jemboyd,
as far i'm aware replacment keys are only avaible from main dealers (due to key shape), i don't know of anywhere online from which replacement keys can be ordered from
dom
clarkekd
My Cars:

Post by clarkekd »

I got a key cut for my xantia in an ordinary high street key cutting and shoe repair place.
jemboyd
My Cars:

Post by jemboyd »

Glad to hear that you got a key cut in an ordinary key-cutting place - I have been hearing all sorts of things to the contrary - where did you get the blank (plain key before cutting)??
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

dave,
i was told by a local locksimth, that due to the shape of the xantia key, he was unsble to get blanks for it, where did you get your blank from as i would like to have a spare, other than a plip verison.
dom
kathbert
My Cars:

Post by kathbert »

Hi there, I had the same problem with my remote control, if you slide the pcb out of the casing you'll see 3 chips 2 small (eight pins) and a larger one 16 pins i think. Resolder the pins on the bigger chip very carefully, so as not to cause solder bridges between the pins.
The pins seemed to be soldered all right even under a powerful magnifier, but after re soldering, the remote is now working perfectly.
Hope this works for you, cheers Kathbert.
spanners

Post by spanners »

As long as the locks have not been changed by giving your local dealer your chassis no they will be able to supply a new key. with regards to new plip just grind away casing at pin through key blade so you can use blade with new plip (order niw pin kit)
n/a

Post by n/a »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
What's the situation with acquiring a replacement key? My remote sensor key doesn't work, (except manually, of course) and It's the only key I have for the car...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>i baught a spare key from my local shoe repair stand £8.00 i had to look round for one its worth it a new plip costs £65.00 and it must be coded by a dealer or some one who has the electronic equipment they will take the key off your old plip and fit to the new one it also costs £25.00 to code it to your car (not worth £90.00) unless you have an alarm deadlock 2 button plip i have stayed with the key the old fash way its cheaper