Where was it made Willie?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Where was it made Willie?

Post by martyhopkirk »

Willie Whitelaw!
Ahh them were the days. Thought this little gem I found in the back of my BLMC 1300 BOL might make people smile - sorry its a big one to those on dial up - but much smaller made it awkward to read.[:)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'm Ok then, both of my Citroen chassis numbers begin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff], so both made in France!
Thanks for sharing that Marty. Wonder what date the article was written, early 80's I guess?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

I'm Ok then, both of my Citroen chassis numbers begin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff], so both made in France!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mine too! Though might ID Slough built cars I suppose!
Included it for the nostalga bit - and the lovely post script about the BMW motorbikes - how attitudes change. I think it was published about 1981 or 82 ish in the Express.
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

All japonese car chassis numbers begin J for example Subaru have JF (Fuji Heavy industries) Nissan JN and so on