DVLA Online RFL Application

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

DVLA Online RFL Application

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I have just spent the best part of 30 minutes trying to apply for a new tax disc via the 'wonderful' new DVLA system of doing it online.
Like the idiot I am I thought oh good that will be easier than queing up at the Post Office........................ Umpteen attempts later constant replies of technical probelms at different stages, not to mention the frozen screens you can guess the rest.
Why oh why does an organization like this constantly have systems that don't work??????????????
Rant and rage over, I will now use the tried and tested method of having to walk/write/speak etc.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

At least that way it will be on your car and not a postmans....
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Government websites seem to work like that, i have had good results with the DVLAs printable forms in PDF format but otherwise they seem to spend millions on computer systems that dont work very well if at all, have you considered scanning a guinness label?
Stewart
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

I succeeded with mine, and the disc arrived very quickly. I had loads of problems with the site, and they haven't bothered answering my email. I found that if I tried to enter the mileage, it wouldn't work, but if I left it blank - no problems.
Jamie