Remember to flush!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Remember to flush!!

Post by dillosk8ter »

Aiming to empty, flush and refill radiator on BX this weekend..if it warms up this weekend. Have read up relevant section in Haynes but was wondering if you can get flushing agents to pour through rad to give it a good clearout, and if so are there any that come recommeded? Thanks.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I flush them out by taking the hoses off and back flushing against the normal direction of flow. Even better is to remove the rad and flush it on the floor, you can move it about then and dislodge any muck inside. With the hoses off give the engine a flush too, but to do this you may have to remove the thermostat. Why not go mad and give the heater rad a wash out too. I did the one on the 205 when the engine was out and the crud that came out was amazing!
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Thanks for that advice!! Are those procedures difficult as Im a real novice but very willing to learn!!!! Your BX looks 'Triton Green' like mine, unless Im very much mistaken?
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Not difficult. Takes about 10 minutes to remove the rad, just have a look at the various hoses and electrical connections, and remove them carefully.
I don't know what the colour the green one is, I know it's a dark metalic green heap! If it's the same colour and your in need of some panels, give me a shout, as it was bought for interior and trim bits for the red one.