Instrument panel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

skypilot

Instrument panel

Post by skypilot »

Do any high-spec ZXs have an instrument panel rheostat and if so can I retro-fit it to my ZX? I've just replaced most of the bulbs and a sit's such a pain I'd like them to last longer.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Avantage has a rheostat.
Jeremy
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Volcane has rheostat too, it looks like the same part as BX, 405, etc, its a little knurled wheel down by yor knees somewhere.
Stewart
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

They all do apart from the reflex, however I have seen reflexes with them. Its not the same part as the bx (i tried this to put one in my old reflx). You will probably find the cable is on the right hand side behind a blanking plate, and will probably have the connector there, and a scotch clip across the wires to bridge connection. Remove the scotch clip and plug in the switch (when you find one).
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Both the Zx's I drive have them fitted? Its a small knurled wheel on the right hand side of your steering, but on the facia board.. Cant really mistake it for anything else..
I keep mine turned almost off in daylight amd make them brighter at night, don't help much though as I still have a couple of bulbs out on the dash and heater controls.. I replaced the whole lot 3 years ago.. Like you say, they are a pain to get at.. [V]
A miners helmet would be cheaper? [:o)] [:D]
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

On both my BX's, I have fitted a simple on/off switch in line with the rheostat.