Boost controller/gauge

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

macaroni
My Cars:

Boost controller/gauge

Post by macaroni »

Can anyone recommend a decent boost controller (not a bleed valve) and gauge? I am thinking of fitting these to my Activa for a bit of fun.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

have you considered using a dawes device instead of a boost controller ?, much faster reaction time,
and for a boost gauge, i have always used the autometer ultralight boost gauges on my petrol turbo cars, they have a very good reputation and work very well
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Forgot to put the web link in for you!!, doh !
http://www.dawesdevices.com/
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

I thought the Dawes devide was just another make of Boost Controller? Not so?
I took the easy option and got a TIM gauge from Halfords. Seems to work well enough, I jsut can't find anywhere to feed the pipe through the bulkhead of my Xantia!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Drill time! I bored a hole in an accessible place on mine, passed the pipe through then sealed it with a blob of silicone, no problems in 13000 miles.
Stewart
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Yes, that crossed my mind. If nothing else is forthcoming, I will have to resort to that. Somewhere near the throttle cable grommit I fancy.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Dawes device is just a pressure operated valve. It cuts off the wastegate opening pressure until the boost gets to the set pressure, then the valve opens, opening the wastegate. Cheap, cheerful and simple.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Stewart, there are a load of holes on the BX to stick that through! Your just mean to your poor car!, i stuck mine past the clutch cable in a 'new' hole in the rubber :D