TU Rad.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

TU Rad.

Post by dillosk8ter »

Over next few days Im going to be servicing mu beloved BX, first time I'll have done anything mechanical.....ever!!! so wish me luck (bar suspension fluid changes).
I've decided that I need to empty and flush radiator and refill. Do I get Ctroen Antigel for this? If so how much would I need for 1990 BX with 1360cc carb engine? Would one 1L bottle be sufficient? Does it come ready mixed? If not what mixture should I use? Find details in Haynes vague.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

NON amigo [:)]
First you need an empty 2.5L container to mix your martini (make people stare at you while you search the trash bin in your nearest gasstation [:D])
Then you go to nearest GSF and buy 2ea 2.5L bottle of antifreeze coolant - for car's (i.e. Ford, Peugeot, BMW, VW, Citroen, Audi etc. etc.)
Now take 1/3 of the fluid from each bottle and fill into the empty one. Voila - 3.ea bottles same quantity. Top up each one with water, screw on the lid and pretend you are a bartender.
Shaked - not stirred [;)]
Now you have 7.5L of ready mixed coolant which should just barely take your needs.
Save any spare fluid in the firewall compartment.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Personally I found that GSF do Citroens own brand anti-freeze and that a 50% mix is about right (for me) so on my Xsara 1.6 that approx 3ltrs. Saying that if you just drain the rad with out flushing the block through 2ltrs will be more than enough. Have you got any form of owners manual just in case?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Stuart -
The BX14 TU engine takes 6.5L coolant.
And you flush the block - if you flush the cooling system.
dillosk8ter -
You may find this handy :
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=9777
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Thank you AndersDK for your unusual explanation!! V.cool!!
Just outa interest, what is antigel for?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

antigel = antifreeze = coolant (un-diluted)