CHAVS & SKY

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

CHAVS & SKY

Post by ACTIVE8 »

If you have Sky, then this will make you laugh ! [:D]
Tonight, Monday Feb 21st on Sky 1, there will be a programme about "Chavs."
I only have Freeview so will miss this ! [:(]
Sky's too expensive !
The T.V. licence is expensive enough, add Sky subscription charges, then you have to work more hours, to earn more money to be able to afford it, then you get home, and might have to fix the Citroen, so can be too tired to watch it ! [:)]
Or there are not enough hours left to watch it ! [:(]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Why not try the chav alternative to the licence fee, and not pay it. This will then allow you to have sky TV plumbed in to the house just as Trisha comes on.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well as I want to remain legal, then that's not an option.
I always wanted some more choice, but viewed [:D] the Sky subscription charges as like another licence fee, and basically not good value !
It's too tempting to go for their better specified full package, and then it would cost over £400 for the year, so I was pleased to see that Freeview offered an extra choice, without too much outlay. [:D]
Obviously we all want good value, otherwise we would be driving about in new Citroens, and that's very unlikely as the depreciation on any new car, is along with the V.A.T. and the purchase tax another extra cost.
The post was started with details about the programme, to inform in case anyone would like to see it.
I then mentioned about Sky, because it's subscription charges seem to be filling Rupert Murdoch's pockets.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

we have got the £15 a month sky subscription, i think its very good value, but our tv is on cbeebies 95% of the day as our 2 year old son watches it, he learns huge amounts from the type of kiddies programs that they put on nowdays,i wouldnt be without it, worth the extra bit of work needed to pay for it i think
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

cbeebies is on freeview (that you still recieve on an unsubscribed sky box) so you could cancel sky subscription as we did as 95% of the rubbish we watched is on the standard channels anyway.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

It is, but it isnt on all day on freeview, my parents have got a freeview box and there are a lot of repeats on their cbeebies and i seem to remember the channel dissapears at about 3pm ??
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

We have a freeview box and sky (unsubscribed) plumbed in to get maximum freeness, both run 3 four hour cycles from 06.00 until 1900 the last hour being bedtime hour. I am highly qualified in this field as it is on all day long in our house. Must go or I'll miss Balamory for the 3rd time!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HaydnR</i>

Must go or I'll miss Balamory for the 3rd time!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The woman with the ski slope hair (Miss Hulie) is scarrry[}:)]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Thanks, i didnt know sky and freeview were the same!, i still couldnt cancel it though as there are other cartoon channels that my son watches occasionaly!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Any how I did see the Sky programme about CHAVS. I nearly kicked the TV in. The girl presenting the programme had somewhere along the way managed to get decent hard working folk of a working class background (sorry not me but the girl) mixed up with scum bag, dole scroungers, who bleed the state benefit system dry instead of helping those around them, working for a wage and generally tacking the p*ss out of the those who pay TO MUCH IN TAX FOR THIS AND PREVIOUS GOVERMENTS . Also mixed up decent folk who like a bit of bling mixed up with those d*ck head yoofs who think that wearing most of Lizzy Duke makes them look as though they are nuvo riche (sorry about spelling). She went on to say that CHAVS were created by middle class folk who are scared of what they may become or what they once were. AAAAARGH!!! [:(!][:(!][:(!] Sorry but I've worked hard to get where I'm today from just £25 a week wages as an apprentice for 5 years living in a mid victorian terrace with 2 bothers, sisters mom & dad and out side lavey, to marring a solicitor having a big detched with detched double garge in the country side by a canal and a nature reserve. Sorry but I was realy p**sed off by the whole thing [:(!][:(!]. Only laughed when they showed the Astra Belmont with the Burbury check paint job [:o)]