ZX Stereo confusion

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Danbloke
My Cars:

ZX Stereo confusion

Post by Danbloke »

Don't worry, I know how to put the code in. Its taken me a while to figure it out but I got there in the end.
So last night the wife was channel hopping on the stereo and she goes "so what do these other buttons do?", and starts pressing them. I think she put it in mw mode and then pressed the U-T button and silence! [:(]
No frequency display, no noise, and no amount of button pressing will get it back. Even turning it off and back on does nothing (ignition and stereo).
Anybody got any ideas whats happened? By the way its the one with five preset buttons and a row of buttons labelled - dx U-T M-L PS.
Thanks!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

OK now please dont quote me but I think that it goes like this,
U= is the same as VHS or stereo
T= traffic news sort of early RDS
M= good old medium flavour
L= new metric long wave
PS= these are for pre sets. Press this button and the stereo will try to find the strongest local signals and then PRESET them it self.
Your good lady may have gotten the unit to search for local stations on all it's wave bands and it's just given up. Un plug and re enter the code.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Ahh good old Citroen zx radio
Steps for revival:
1- Remove stereo
2- Unplug Connectors at rear
3- Check fuse on rear of stereo
4- Plug all back in
5- Put code in and check if it works
6- If not working repeat steps 1 and 2, and in place of step 3 - beat repeatidly with large hammer and throw in bin, then buy a decent stereo. (dont take this literally)!!!
I have had numerous problems with these radios, and for what its worth, buy a cheap second hand sony unit and an adapter flap, will work loads better and give little or no trouble.
Danbloke
My Cars:

Post by Danbloke »

Sorry for the large delay in responding. I was quite surprised, when I finally dragged myself outside, to find that when I turned the stereo on again it worked perfectly well!
A few choice words later, everybody is happy!
I put it down to an extremely late and cold night. Although I'm not sure how that would affect a stereo.