disc and pad change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pat Neenan
My Cars:

disc and pad change

Post by Pat Neenan »

Is 160 pounds expensive for changing a xantia front discs and pads and adjusting the h-brake ___
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

It cost me £70 to do my disks & pads,& about 40 mins to do the whole lot,so i would`nt say its anymore than an hours labour cost.Adjusting the handbrake is quick & easy too.Maybe a bit too much?
Depends on what type of garage though.
p20

Post by p20 »

What car do you have? I've just ordered, front discs and pads for my HDi 110. It costs nearly £30 a disc, and £24 for pads. (not inc. VAT). So theres £100 in parts. Though some Xantias have cheaper parts.
Decided to be brave and do them myself.
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

Hi,
Got my discs and pads from a company called www.speedways.co.uk i got them delivered for £82.84 including delivery good quality and fast service and cheaper than my local factors. good website.
Pat
My Cars:

Post by Pat »

sorry for not mentioning what car
It´s a 97 activa old model and it´s the local garage where I had it m.o.t.´d
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I expect they will be the 288mm? disks,being a Activa.Based in N.London?Labour rate will be more(than Bristol,where i am),so maybe not so bad after all.
Depends if you have the knowhow/space/time to do it yourself.
SJB

Post by SJB »

I bought some pads for £12.50 for my 2.0l VSX. Took me about an hour and a half to fit, but that included have a good poke around at everything else which is visible once the wheels are off (a clear advantage when you DIY). The local garage had quoted me £60. So, even though you are having discs changed as well, I think your quote is a little on the high side.