xantia---massive Lhm leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dek1965

xantia---massive Lhm leak

Post by dek1965 »

hi there,
i have a leak somewhere around the pressure regulator (its connected to the sphere at the bottom front of car/ i think this is the pressure regulator) i cant see where its coming from, but if i raise the ride height, i can see it leaking and it,s pretty bad, anyone got any ideas of what it could be, and can it be fixed by myself, by the way when it has reached ride height the leak is not as bad.
thanks in advance
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

How old is your xantia - ie does it have the 2 outlet pump and no flow divider valve or the single and flow diverter valve?
regulators themselves don't generally leak, normally ots one of the pipes going into it or the sphere seal. If made properly none of these joints should leak byt sometimes they do.
FIRSTLY REMEMBER THESE CARS CAN KILL IF THEY COLLAPSE ON YOU. - so support it securely.
Have a look at the regulator and see if all the pipes go into their sockets squarely and don't look strained. then check all unions for tightness. they should NOT be tightened dead tite like a conventional brake pipe but just nipped. The seal is in fact a rubber sleeve which can be obtained cheaply from Citroen.
clean the regulator and run the engine and see if you can see where the LHM is coming from. Other things to look for are cracked or split pipes in the vicinity.
jeremy
dek1965

Post by dek1965 »

it's a 1994 1.9 td, don't know what pump it has, will clean it up and have a look at the weekend
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

probably a single outlet pump with a FDV - in which case KHM could be running down from FDV if its bolted above. - Much the same problems but they can leak from the end plugs - can be taken apart and re-sealed if this is the problem. (Best of luck!)
jeremy
dek1965

Post by dek1965 »

fixed it, one of connections on the top of the pr was loose, nipped it up now all ok