Will BX 4 pot calipers fit my car?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

puggti
My Cars:

Will BX 4 pot calipers fit my car?

Post by puggti »

I've got a Peugeot 205 GTi and want to upgrade the brake calipers. Someone told me that the BX Gti has 4 pots that will fit.
Is this correct??
Thanks for your help.
James[:)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Nope. The BX uses LHM fluid, the Pug uses normal brake fluid. Also the GTi calipers are not 4 pot. Do a search as I remember someone using Pug 306 bits.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

All Bx callipers are the same and use the same pads. The only difference is the 16valve which uses the same pads, wider callipers with, so far as I'm aware the same size pistons, and ventilated discs.
jeremy
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

It's the Citroen CX that has 4piston calipers upfront, and 2piston calipers at the back.
They are quite different and I doubt you would get them to fit. If you managed you would still need to rebuild them with brake fluid seals as they use LHM.
seeya,
Shane L.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoubleChevron</i>

It's the Citroen CX that has 4piston calipers upfront, and 2piston calipers at the back.
They are quite different and I doubt you would get them to fit. If you managed you would still need to rebuild them with brake fluid seals as they use LHM.
seeya,
Shane L.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
... as the CX front calipers are integral to the hub [:)]
puggti
My Cars:

Post by puggti »

Okay, I guess I was given some wrong info then.
I'll keep looking in the Peugeot world.
Thanks again for your help.
James
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

A good upgrade would be from a 306 gti-6 or some of the bigger 406's, they had 283mm front discs I think, still only single pot but bigger than your 247's. Unsure if you could just bolt the calipers onto your hubs or not im afraid but ive seen 205's advertised before with them. Ive also seen kits for sale which included adapter plates to move your calipers out a bit more and then take a 287mm ish disc, about £150 for the complete set but requires 16" wheels. Pick up a decent motorsport mag, like track and race car or something and look through there