On 7/10/2004 Dave Bamber said re Citroen BX's.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

On 7/10/2004 Dave Bamber said re Citroen BX's.....

Post by Jon »

<i><b>Sorry Jon, I can't be tempted back to the "dark side" I've done my time on the shovel with a BX and don't fancy doing another. </b></i>
Any comment Dave[?]
[:D]
[:)]
[:p]
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

That's alright though, Jon - 'cos he said he'd not do <b>another</b> - and he isn't - he's got <b>TWO</b>!!![:p]
306 XSi? How's the head job looking on the BX? Remembered that you promised yourself you'd never do another one last time yet....?????
Jon

Post by Jon »

Ah the BX, yes. Upon removal of head the gasket actually looked OK apart from the fact that it wasn't a "proper" (Elring or Meillor) one. Someone had been there before.
So the head was flat tested, and found not to be very flat! The head is now at the engineering shop and I'm driving an L reg 306 XSi that makes me look like a right boy racer on account of the 17" TSW's and big exhaust. But I'm very grateful for Pete Sparrow for letting me borrow it for my Swindon-Birmingham commute! [8D]
More BX news soon.
Finally, I have finally found someone who has chucked more money at an old 17TD than me! Check http://www.project405.com/intro.html
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Don't go winding him up Jon, now that he is on side!
Re the link "these are lightweight wheels, weighing in at 7.3 Kg each." Just run that by me again...
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

My and my big mouth! It's an illness I tell you. Nurse! Nuuuurse!
I'm very comfortable now in my jacket with tie-round-the-back sleeves and the rubber wall paper looks luverly. Thanks Marty[:o)]
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

Finally, I have finally found someone who has chucked more money at an old 17TD than me! Check http://www.project405.com/intro.html
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I love the way he was so busy lowering the car, fitting alloys and an Mi16 body kit that he didn't have time to sort out the mechanical problems (half the seals & gaskets gone, duff belts and brakes, cracked head etc) until a litre and half of oil was p*ssing out of the engine each day. [:D]
Then he pays £1600 to get the engine reconditioned! I've seen engines on eBay for less than a quarter of that. [B)]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I agree Batwad, it all seems to consist of paying through the nose for everything. did he do any part of the work himself? Makes me feel quite sane.......Nurse!
Stewart
Jon

Post by Jon »

What amazed me about that bloke with the 405 was that he was able to pay £1600 for "engine recondition" and he's a Student ! I'd have chucked in a s/hand engine for £150 or gone and got me another car. £1600 quid? Mad!
Whats '92 405TD worth, £500 at the most?
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

The modding job is bonkers, mate of mine saw a '93 Vauxhall Chavelier for sale north of the border for £9000, yes, nine grand. They phoned him to find out if it should be £900. No, £9000. He was asking this loony price as he'd made it 4WD and fitted a turbo lump from a Calibra. Still only worth £400 in the real world, you can't polish a poo....
Shame for the bloke with the 405, all that wedge and it still looks like a mini-cab. It just needs beaded seatcovers and a magmount aerial.