Peugeot 306 vs Honda Civic

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

blueagle78
My Cars:

Peugeot 306 vs Honda Civic

Post by blueagle78 »

Few of my friends had a very good conversation about these two cars. We were arguing which one is more reliable and strangely couple of my friends were saying 306 is more reliable than Civic! Even though I drive 306 but I don't believe 306 is more reliable than Civic!
What do you think? If you've to choose between 306 and Civic which one would you go for and why?
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by blueagle78</i>

We were arguing which one is more reliable and strangely couple of my friends were saying 306 is more reliable than Civic!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<i>i take it this opinion was after a few (quite a lot) pints! </i>
i own a 98 1.4 civic and must say its been bullefproof reliable, no probs in 3.5 years and 30k miles. cheap to run, decent looking well built interior. nice quality paint finish. everything works and does not fall off. nice to drive to.
on the negitives more road noise compared to my xantia (which is very quiet), no air con, a bit tight in rear for tall people.
the civic has rightfully a far more realible image than the 306, but i guess you get what you pay for. ie 306 is more cheaper to buy, so take your pick.
personally i think honda have a far more superior image compared to any french manufacturer, and have a reliability image french cars can literally only dream off. id go for a civic anyday.
zaki406

Post by zaki406 »

japanese cars have built their reputation on reliability over the past 40 years or so.European manufacturers make crappy cars but were forced to improve in the late 80's.
I think only now that European manufacturers are really catching up on Japs quality!
blueagle78
My Cars:

Post by blueagle78 »

I've no doubt in saying that Japenese cars strongest point is their reliability and its probably the weakest one for Frenchs!!!
I would rather drive a reliable and not so good looking car than the one that gets attention of the others but breaks every so often!!!
I think its time for French car manufacturers to work with Japanese cars manufacturers like Toyota/Honda/Nissan to learn how to make ***trouble free*** cars!!!
I believe Renault and Nissan are working together, aren't they?
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by blueagle78</i>

I believe Renault and Nissan are working together, aren't they?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
yes they are. unfortunatley by the recent reliability of some nissans it appears renault are doing most of the working[V]
hill

Post by hill »

One thing to bear in mind when comparing European and Japanese cars is that a huge proportion of Jap cars are built in Europe anyway!! Some Pugs are built in the UK. Some Renaults are built in Spain. The badge is not a cast iron indication of the country of origin.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Alot of Honda`s are built in Swindon,Wiltshire!Yet there still more reliable than euro made cars.
My brother had a L reg civic 1.6 vtec,which compeared to a 306 of the same age,was faultless.It had 125k on it.He`s just changed it for a R reg Prelude(?).He`ll proberly stick with Honda`s the rest of his days now![:)]
Although personaly i prefer the French cars.