I'm bored.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

I'm bored.

Post by tomsheppard »

Doctor put me off work for a bit and told me to go and have some fun.
Retromobile is on in Paris and a Friend in Valencia needs some things bringing back home. Job for a 20 year old CX? Southampton- Dover-Paris-Home-Pyrenees in February-Valencia and back. That should keep me out of mischief I'll know later today if Valencia is on and
If not, I'll probably do Retromobile anyway (WBM is muttering darkly words like "underfoot" and yesterday I had to give the cat its flea treatment so I'm not popular there either!)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I know the feeling - looks like I'm off for at least another 3 weeks with a damaged left hand! - Fine but I'm not supposed to use it and in any event wouldn't get it dirty at the moment - so can't tinker with Citroens! (its a bit cold anyway!) (couldn't drive until yesterday!)
They are supposed to cut the power off as well today!
Jeremy
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Having 3 days off with family as its half term.
Already under wifes feet!
Thank heavens for my shed (wooden one down the bottom of the garden, not the AX)[;)]
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

Jenny Eclair the comedian once mentioned setting up a political party with the manifesto "One Man - One Shed". I think buying a project BX was a subconscious response to wife's recent arrival. Something to do at the weekend. She is just interested enough for it to be "our" car, but not so much that I have to involve her in every procedure. Next stop - the shed!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Off everything with flu at the minute, too cold to play citroens, think I will lurk on the forum, brilliant sunshine here oh well. Toms proposed CX voyage sounds like a good road test.
Stewart
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Looks like it will just be Paris, Home (Normandy) and away for the week.Might pop up to Amsterdam or Epernay. Depends on Car's willingness to play.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Ah car will be fine Tom, all Cx's I've taken back to the 'homeland' behave impeccably, they seem to like it there. Have a nice trip.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

No time off for me until Easter, and weekend overtime until then. I'll be working Saturday morning so I'll be Citroen tinkering Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. [:D]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

On the 11.15 out of Dover. Will report in when I can, else, see you all next week. Behave yourselves!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

'ave a good'n Tom. Don't forget your camera!
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'm going abroad myself with the BX next week (if we put it back together).
A place called Seaview on the Isle of Wight. I will be thinking of you when I am in this foreign land.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I like the isle of wight. Last time i was there was in CX turbo 1 series 2. makes a small island even smaller when you have a CX Turbo :-)
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

If you see a red H-plate TGD on your Island travels, Jon, then it's probably sporting the wing, bumper and door from my old TXD. That was the one and only time I've EVER been offered money for a complete off-road, no-tax-or-ticket BX.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'm back! 1900 miles later. Let me tell you, a CX is a big beast to straighten up when you lose it on snow! THe trip was however a success. I have a photo of the BX19 V12!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Tell you what tom, you will just have to give me the CX after your terible snow experiance (mind you petrol Gti Turbo will do that to you on dry roads if driven right - or wrong depending on viewpoint)
Glad you had a good trip and back safe and sound, I bought a BX whilst you were away:-)