keeping trim - in place

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TImR

keeping trim - in place

Post by TImR »

Hi Folks,
What is the proper name for the little pointed fasteners that are often used to keep things like the door trim in place ... if they have a proper name of course. I have a 406 coupe which relies heavily on these to keep the door panes attached; a mistake in my opinion because they are about as effective as Bluetack. While I can got to my local Peugeot dealer and pick up replacements for 25 pence each I wonder is there is something better that can be used – higher quality plastic, better grip etc. I presume this is a part common to all cars?
Any thoughts?
Tim
hill

Post by hill »

Most people refer to them as 'fir-tree' clips and yes, virtually every manufacturer uses them. There are bound to be better ones for the job you require.......and here is the 'but'. There are bucket loads of different sizes and types so unless you live next door to a plastics factory where they make them and can spend a day rummaging through their stock, you will be lucky to find a better one that fits. Your best bet will be to take one of your old ones into a local garage or motor factors as they normally keep a selection in little plastic trays. If not, you're stuck with the pug ones!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You may find that the fasteners need to be fitted the right way around as they some times are miss alined on fitting. I know Citroen sell them in boxes that contain all the fasteners for the job your on, like door trims etc.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

The Peugeot plastic trim clips are also colour coded, Something to do with different sizes.