Justice! (or... teeheehee)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

DervDonkey
My Cars:

Justice! (or... teeheehee)

Post by DervDonkey »

From the Shropshire Star:
<b>Speed camera van 'caught speeding'</b>

The driver of a mobile speed camera van was allegedly clocked by police, breaking the limit on a Shropshire road, it emerged today.
Now the van operator, who had been on mobile patrol in Trefonen, near Oswestry, could face court action.
The driver was pulled over by an officer who allegedly saw the van, operated by West Mercia Safety Camera Partnership, breaking the limit on a national speed limit road.
For cars this is 60mph, but because of the camera van's weight it is limited to 50mph.
Kate Tonge, for West Mercia Police, today refused to comment on allegations the van had been travelling at 65mph.
She said: "There was an incident that happened on December 21 at Trefonen, near Oswestry . . . A full investigation into the allegation has been conducted and a file has been sent to the Crown Prosecution Service. No-one has been suspended from duty in connection with this allegation."
Trevor McAvoy, of West Mercia Safety Camera Partnership, said:"I don't believe the van operator had carried out any enforcement that morning."
If convicted the driver could face a fine, points on his licence or even a motoring ban.
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

To put it bluntly, the driver's a phukking tw@t, and deserves all the ridicule and fines he's got coming.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Live by the sword.... where was he going in such a rush anyway.
Half empty transit? 50 mph??? wot how much gear is in there anyway.
Stewart
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

HA HA ! [:D]
He deserves it !
What a TW@T !
What goes around comes around payback is a bitch !
I hope he get's the same grief he puts other people through, and ends up getting disciplined. [:D]
He should get a life, and a proper job !
What did he do before this job ?
Was he a traffic warden, because he's showing the same lack of I.Q. as they can do !
This is one of these people who wants you, or I to do as they say, (and observe the law) but not as they do (in this case breaking the speed limit, and thinking they are exempt).
He's a [:o)]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<u><font color="red"> Well looking again at the Shropshire Star tonight ! </font id="red"></u>
There's a story about clampers. <font color="red"> T*SS**S </font id="red">

Police car clamped by clampers ! [:D]
Police car hit by the clampers

A Shropshire police officer faced a £75 fine today after his marked police car was clamped in a county car park - just down the road from a nearby police station. It happened near Telford police station this morning.

Clamped - the police car after the clampers struck near the court

Its driver was believed to be giving evidence at a trial in Telford Magistrates Court. But a source for the firm behind the clamp today said the police car should not have been clamped and moves were being made to have the offending item removed.
The car was clamped in an English Partnerships-owned car park, which is patrolled by security firm Uniqwin.
The police car, which is not believed to have been driven by a Telford officer, was not parked in a designated bay. Telford police spokeswoman Denise Wakefield said the incident was being looked into.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I say lets find him and stick his camera up his a***. He should be pillaried through out the land [:D][:D][:D]. And this also sort of answers my question about do speed camera vans get done for speeding by their own or just on occassion by the cops[?]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

A clamper who clamped a police car in Portsmouth was given an ASBO!
jeremy
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DervDonkey</i>

For cars this is 60mph, but because of the camera van's weight it is limited to 50mph.
Kate Tonge, for West Mercia Police, today refused to comment on allegations the van had been travelling at 65mph.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If he was caught at 65 it's a pretty good bet thet the speedo was reading 70, which is 10mph over the limit for cars.
They should throw the book at him, make an example, the two faced git. If he caught you or I at that speed would he show any mercy?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

"There's us and there's little people."
Blade Runner.
DervDonkey
My Cars:

Post by DervDonkey »

Note that the operator concerned hasn't even been suspended. So, judging by the attitude of our "Safety" camera partnership, speeding just isn't serious enough to warrant even token disciplinary action. More evidence (if any was actually required) that these so-called partnerships are all about cash and stuff the safety.
Yes, I saw the article about the clamped police car but that seems to be happening with some regularity nowadays. I once heard a story about a fire engine on a call being clamped, and the crew using hydraulic cutters to remove the offending object - don't know if it's true...
beezer

Post by beezer »

A speed camera was set up during recent road works at Bridge of Muchals on the A90 near Aberdeen. Many drivers were clocked doing over 30mph. Problem is they set the camera to take pictures BEFORE the 30mph restriction. Grampian police said they would not be prosecuting any drivers.