How much is a 1992 XM worth??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wonderd

How much is a 1992 XM worth??

Post by wonderd »

i have an opertunity to buy a 1992 XM, the owner said that he didn't move the car in 3-4 years, because he has a big problem with the steering - some box under the car??
does anybody know what he is talking about?
he said that the garage replaced the gearbox and that caused the steering a serious damage..
what do you think?
BTW, it's a fully automatic 3.0 liter engine
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I think the owner gave up too easy on persuading that garage ...
Honestly - I believe this XM still have the old type PAS servo - which includes the FDV which may be the problem.
Donno for sure on the XM - but me thinks this FDV has to be removed if gearbox is going out. And then the garage could well have swapped a couple of pipes leaving the thing useless even damaged because of overpressure ...
No matter how you look at it, it means serious fiddling before the car is driveable. Spares could amount to a couple of 100's.
In my opinion the owner should pay YOU to get rid of this useless car, which would be a double fortune to repair (in that same garage [}:)] )
On the other hand ...
If the the car otherwise is in good nick - and defo no rust - then things tends to be a bit on the easy side to sort out for the DIY'er.
tonyg
My Cars:

Post by tonyg »

Hi Wonderd
Please have a look at my advert for my '95 3.0l XM auto on the "for sale and wanted" and you will see that even very nice [:)] Xm's aren't particularly expensive
Tony
wonderd

Post by wonderd »

yes, i know it's not expensive, but it seems to be a very good car, is it?
or does it have a lot of problems?
tonyg
My Cars:

Post by tonyg »

Hi
The only issues are the ones stated in the advert. Aircon condensor, drivers heated seat and small bump. Otherwise it's a good 'un.
Tony