location of wire

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

b21playa

location of wire

Post by b21playa »

tried fitting an alarm yesterday and spent ages searches for all the wires, the autodata sheet didnt show the correct ones
but found all but a wire that goes the +12v when a door is open
anyone know?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i dont know wich car this is for but on most cars the door switch wire goes to earth when the door is open.also most alarms i've fitted have the option to have either -ve switched or +ve switched door switch & you only connect one of the wires.
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wheeler</i>

i dont know wich car this is for but on most cars the door switch wire goes to earth when the door is open.also most alarms i've fitted have the option to have either -ve switched or +ve switched door switch & you only connect one of the wires.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
its for a phase 1 306 and its a toad alarm which works positively and therefore requires the +12v output not -12v
fish

Post by fish »

The only positive feed you could use for this that I can think off of the top of my head would be the feed that supplies the interior light when you open a door.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

what model of toad is it ?
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wheeler</i>

what model of toad is it ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
a850
i can send the installation manual to anyone if they can have a quick look at it
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i have a bit of experiance with toads myself,had a look at some of my old manuals (i think the A850 must be one of the only ones i dont have) but the rest of them are either-
a) green wire -ve door circut, Connect to a door light circuit that goes to ground when any door is open then yellow wire +ve door circut Connect to a door light circuit that goes to +12v when any door is open.so you use either one or the other.
or b) green wire- door circuts,Connect to a door light circuit that goes to ground when any door is open but this can be programed to be used with systems with positive switching by using the programing setup procedure that it used to setup various features.