swedish rally

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

gardenpeas
My Cars:

swedish rally

Post by gardenpeas »

stop press loebs not invinsible
typical Citroen head gasket failure
have they shown a concept car for the C4 rally car yet?
not complaining thou solberg in that moody scooby beats anything in motorsport at the mo
IAN.D
My Cars:

Post by IAN.D »

There has been pictures of C4 concept but it will not get used.
Both Citroen and Peogeot are pulling out of the WRC at the end of year! (psa group)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Enthusiastic member misspelling Citroen- fifty lines!
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

sorry bout that 'Citroen'
bit annoyed that they are pulling out i'd hoped they would have changed there minds about that since they win alot
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

The C4 WRC had been built and tested. On only its 3rd full test it was already quicker than the Xsara but its now been canned due to PSA pulling the plug on the Wrc teams.
His engine may have died in this event but Duvals was ok and the engines have to last for 2 events this year and they havent put much redevelopment into it due to the C4 and then finding out the team was being removed so it will be hard for them to win the title again this year especially as Subura have a new car very soon.
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

I clicked on this expecting something completely different - disappointed [:)]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I must say that I have always found PSA's decision to pull both teams out of rallying rather surprising, particularily with the domination of Citroen but I suppose if you are going to quit then doing it while on top is best.
I have always wondered why Citroen were there anyway as even with superb results they seemed to make no effort to take advantage of the success and I don't imagine anyone actually bought a Xara on the strength of it being a rally winner. (Just look at Subaru to see what I mean - loads of expensive WRC cars around, owner enthusiasm for modifying with exhausts big enough to climb in, flash paint jobs etc.)
Does anyone know if they are planning anything else - like formula one? (can they get head gaskets to last this time?)
Jeremy
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

No plans afaik. They use the same block as Peugeot as a fair bit of the engines have to be standard and dont forget as well as 3 days worth of rallying there is hundreds of miles of driving inbetween. Due to the C4 then pullout they wouldnt have spent as much time on improving the reliability of the xsaras engine compared to puegeot who did all that last year. Finally peugeot didnt have any gearbox problems either. I think at just about all events last year one car or more had issues.
Agree with the lack of mad road car. Guess they just wanted publicity and it was cheapest way on a world stage but I would have thought touring cars would be better. At least its a bit more like road stuff :) Perhaps they will go into the new world touring cars eventually although they never have before and last time Puegeot did touring cars was with the 405 then a couple of years with the 406 coupe
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Maybe their marketing is as good as their mechanicking and the sales department didin't know that they had a rally team. THis would explain why they don't trade on it.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

which reminds me that i should have gone to the local dealer today for a bit I ordered in