Xantia front brake calipers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wotsupnow
My Cars:

Xantia front brake calipers

Post by wotsupnow »

How exactly do they work ? I searched for how to change the pads and found that you need to screw the piston back in and fit the new pad so it's tab locates in one of the slots used to turn it back, how then do they unscrew as the pad wears ? and, can I remove the pads without taking the caliper off ?
Pete
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Yes, just pull out the pads after pulling out the pin andf swinging up the front. When refitting, wind in the pistons, leaving the slot in such a position that the nib on the back of the pad will fit into it.
wotsupnow
My Cars:

Post by wotsupnow »

Surprisingly easy as it turns out. Odd thing is, o/s outer pad was very nearly to the metal, the other three are about half worn ? caliper slides freely any ideas. Car stops in a straight line and front wheels lock up with little effort. I noticed at first there seemed to be a small delay before the brakes worked but that seems to have gone back to the instant braking as you touch the pedal now the pads have done a few miles. I didn't need to undo bleed nipples to screw pistons back in so haven't bled it, should I ?
Pete