Xantia Loss of Power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cruel_kindness
My Cars:

Xantia Loss of Power

Post by cruel_kindness »

New to this forum so hello all!
Just got my xantia back from the mechanics sorting about oil leaks, i believe he changed the rocker box cover gasket. Driving home, accelerated onto a dual carrigeway and heard a pop noise and lost all turbo. Opened the bonnet and saw that the pipe leaking into the intercooler running down the front of the engine had come off. I re-attached it and tightened the jubilie clip, had turbo back but the car doesn't seem as pokie as before. Is there anything that could have happened to cause this?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Is the pipe securely attached now? If it isn't you could have a leak which could be losing some boost but not all. Either that or when the pipe blew off it damaged itself or something else on the intake system e.g. intercooler etc.
cruel_kindness
My Cars:

Post by cruel_kindness »

im sure its on securely on now and no damage was done. Is there anything that could have happened when the rocker box cover gasket was replaced? Maybe i'm just being paranoid and the car was always like it!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

There is a little pipe which goes from the halfway along the large pipe from the intercooler to the inlet manifold to the fuel pump. If this pipe isnt plugged in correctly you will get a distinct lack of power "on boost", since this pipe allows more fuel when the turbo is boosting.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I`ve had the same problem on mine.Peugeot forgot to tighten it when they did my cam belt,& i`ve forgoten about it a few times as well!Do`h!!!