noisy saxo driver

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ssray
My Cars:

noisy saxo driver

Post by ssray »

every morning mr saxo turns up at 0830ish for his mate and toots on his horn,this morning it was 0715.
i had a word and mr saxo wheelspun off,impressed???.
looking at the highway code its no horn before 0700 what can i do about this git ?
is it worth calling local nick and giving his reg every day until they get bored.
p.s reason for above i shiftwork and have a 7mth old baby.
also i`m no good at punching
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Might I suggest one of those marine style air horns directed back at him every time he offends.
Its unlikely the police would do anything though as he isnt sounding his horn to "warn somone of his presence" or "warn somone to move out of the way" they may have a "quiet word" with him and ask him to be more courterous.
I suppose you could try having a polite word with his mate (presumably a neighbour?) for the sake of neighbourly goodness. Or if its some twerp who is just standing outside your gaff to be picked up then a stategically placed pile of manure may persuade him to wait elsewhere.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Give his number to the plod, they may have a word, photograph or video the bleeder every day until he gets the point, with any luck he will crash the thing before long, or have a word with his mate ant tell him to get an alarm clock!
Stewart
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

You could play cheeky, run his reg through the RAC free check page. Present him with, a slight white lie that PC plod will be on his case, slip in the saxo 3 owners from new, registered on x date - that would put the wind up him a bit maybe. If he is a 'youf/chavver than just keep phoning the plod they might want to get to try out an ASBO! if your lucky.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Perhaps Mr Saxo is conforming to this version of the Highway Code:
http://www.selfmadejournalist.com/newhighwaycode.htm
Jamie
Jon

Post by Jon »

Jamie,
Thats classic! Thanks for that link!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sadly this lazy way that drivers tend to draw attention to the fact, that they have arrived at a friends house, by blowing the car horn is getting all too common.
What happened to the more socialably acceptable way of getting out of the car, and not leaving the engine running, walking to the house and ringing the door bell, or knocking on the door.
I have sympathy with your noise problem, because I too have previously worked shifts, and was not pleased when others had no respect for my peace, and quiet. [:(!]
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

Dont you feel safer knowing that his horm works?